Build This City A Construction Fundamentals Training Program
Your first step to a career in construction. The Sault Community Career Centre, in partnership with the Sault Ste. Marie Construction Association, is excited to introduce Build This City: A Construction Fundamentals Training Program for job seekers and employers.
Build This City is a new SkillsAdvance Ontario workforce development pilot designed for Sault Ste. Marie. It gives job seekers FREE short-term construction fundamentals training, and helps them get work and advance in the local construction sector. It gives local employers access to job-ready, skilled workers to meet their workforce needs and supports to train staff for advancement opportunities.
FREE Support for Job Seekers:
- 8-weeks of free essential and technical skills training, delivered by experienced professionals that end in industry-recognized certificates or credentials, combined with job shadowing with a variety of local industry employers
- Paid 2-week work placement with local industry employers
- One-on-one support that helps you move from training into local job and career opportunities
- Financial support to cover such things as work clothing, equipment, transportation, food
Eligible Job Seekers will be:
- Unemployed or working less than an average of 20 hours per week
- 18 years of age or older
- Resident of Ontario and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Not participating in, or returning to, full-time training or education
FREE Support for Employers:
- Financial support to offset additional supervisory or training costs for staff mentors to provide supervision to job seeker participants
- One-on-one support to ensure the success of participant placements
- Workers with the right skills you need to fill vacancies
- Help to reduce employee turnover
- Advancement opportunities for current staff through specialized training that meets your needs
Note: Eligible applicants must meet minimum requirements and qualify through an application process that includes an aptitude test. Only your first application will be considered, and only those who meet the eligibility requirements will be contacted for further information.
Got questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Sault Ste. Marie Construction Association at (705) 759-8830
This Employment Ontario project is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.